Monday, May 6, 2013

My beginnings in paper crafts

I've been drawing and creating artwork as long as I can remember. My very first card was a get well card for my Grandpa. I even made a 3D paper bow for it! I was very surprised that my Grandma had kept it all of these years.


When I got serious about making my own cards, I taught myself calligraphy using this book (no personal computers with fancy fonts back in the 70's!). I don't have any of my original calligraphy pens anymore, but I sometimes enjoy looking at the book just the same.

Then sometime in the 80's I purchased my very first rubber stamp and ink pad. Believe it or not, but the ink pad hasn't dried out and I can still use it!


In the late 90's, I attended my first stamping party (DOTS) and I was officially addicted! I still have several idea catalogs from DOTS and Stampin' Up! that are fun to look through occasionally for ideas. 

I now have hundreds of stamps, a wide variety of ink pads, ribbons, assorted embellishments, and a paper stash/hoard that never seems to be enough. My tools include edging scissors, a wide variety of markers, embossing powders, various adhesives, embossing folders, and my newest and favorite tool of all - my Silhouette Cameo! I'll write more about my Cameo in a future post and why I ditched my Cricuit Expression.





1 comment: